PREHEAT OVEN: 350* F
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES
- 6 Golden Delicious (about 3 pounds), peeled, cored, halved, and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350* F.
- In a shallow dish, combine the apples, honey, pecans, lime zest and juice. Toss and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and butter. Using your fingertips, work the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly and sprinkle over the apples.
- Using a baking sheet, lay apples with topping evenly. Bake until apples are tender and the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired, and enjoy!