PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 4 ounces penne (1 1/4 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, halved crosswise (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup canned red or kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the fresh green beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Toss the cooled pasta and green beans with the red beans, parsley, Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Divide the salad between 2 containers and refrigerate for up to 1 day.