PREHEAT OVEN: 375* F
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS: MAKES A DOZEN
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 357* F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray. in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, butter, milk, and eggs; add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the blueberries (do not over mix).
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, or serve warm.