PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for servings
- 2 fresh onions, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Plain yogurt, for serving, optional
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, thyme, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the broth and 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are soft, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve the soup topped with the yogurt, olive oil, and pepper.