FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Will the Market be open if it rains?
Yes! Pepper Place Market is a rain or shine farmers market.
- If it rains, will your vendors still set up like normal?
Some of our vendors have products that might become damaged if wet. All vendors are made aware that we are a rain or shine market, so accommodations are made. These vendors might change their set up slightly to meet these accommodations.
- Are you still accepting applications for potential vendors?
The 2016 Market season is full at this time. Please check back in December of 2016 for the 2017 Market information.
- What is the application process and how much will it cost?
Please check our website homepage in December 2016 for all information regarding the registration process/what you'll need to know for the 2017 Market! The information that will be provided will include costs and application forms, so please check back in December!
- What is the Summer Market all about?
The "Summer Market" runs from May through the beginning of October. It's all about Alabama-grown summer produce: blackberries, blueberries, peaches, tomatoes, beets, lettuces, summer peas, watermelons, cantaloupes, okra, peppers, potatoes and more! We feature vendors in the big parking lot on 2nd Avenue between 28th and 29th Streets, on 29th Street and in the parking lot on 28th Street. In addition to farmers, market visitors will find artisans, baked goods, ready to eat foods, farmers, crafts, jewelry, custom/handmade furniture, soap makers, food trucks and more.... There are weekly chef demos at 9am and live music on three stages, one in the big parking lot, sponsored by BCBS of Alabama, one on 29th Street, sponsored by Limbaugh Toyota, and one on 28th Street in the Makers Village, sponsored by Alabama NewsCenter. The Makers Village is a special event this year, held in the "OvenBird" parking lot on 28th Street, featuring a rotating selection of curated artisans and crafters from around the state, showing and selling the finest made products in Alabama, with live music, guest speakers and artist demonstrations.
- What time do chef demos begin?Chef demonstrations are weekly during the summer schedule (mid-May through the first weekend in October) and begin at 9:00 a.m. Each Saturday morning, a chef from one of Alabama's great local restaurants will share an in-season, fresh recipe. Visitors can watch as the recipe is prepared and ask questions along the way. Afterwards, the audience is invited to sample the dish and talk to the chef! It’s fun and informative, too! Demos are sponsored by Jim ‘n Nicks BBQ.
- When does the Fall Market begin?
This year, the Fall Market begins Saturday, October 8th. Vendors will be located in the "big parking lot," on 2nd Avenue between 28th and 29th Streets, and in the "OvenBird" parking lot, on 28th Street between 2nd and 3rd Ave. South. Plenty of fall produce, prepared food and holiday gift items will be available each week through December 10th!