TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1 head fresh iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Wash and dry lettuce. Tear or cut into pieces a bit bigger than bite sized. Separate leaves and discard core.
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Set aside.
- Place 14 inch wok or 12 inch frying pan on medium-high heat. When hot, add the salad oil and garlic. Stir fry until the garlic begins to take a little color.
- Add lettuce and stir fry until slightly limp but still somewhat crisp.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at once and enjoy!