MARKET GUIDE FOR SHOPPERS
RISE AND SHINE!
Get to The Market when it opens at 7:00 am on Saturdays to find the freshest produce and close parking options. Street parking is free and available on 2nd Avenue and 3rd Avenue South. Don't forget: The Market closes promptly at 12:00 pm
Wear walking shoes and dress appropriately for a happier market experience. The Market is open rain or shine, so don't forget to keep an umbrella close by!
BRING A COOLER FOR YOUR MARKET GOODS
Don't forget a cooler! Keep one in your car so your fresh fruits, veggies, eggs, meats and cheeses will stay cool 'til you get home.
Show love to your four-legged friends and leave them at home.
The Market at Pepper Place loves dogs and has always been a dog-friendly farmers market, however Market Management encourages you to leave your dog(s) at home, as the environment is not conducive to dogs.
If you do choose to bring your dog(s), we kindly ask and encourage that you act in a responsible pet-owner manner and adhere to these simple rules:
- Dogs must be under control on a short leash (max. 3 feet), and by the owner's side at all times!
- Dogs must be kept away from produce, plants and prepared food products.
- Dogs should be courteous and able to socialize with people and other dogs.
- Be understanding - not everyone is a dog lover and some fear dogs, especially children and babies in strollers.
- Bring what you need! Please come prepared to clean up after your dog and bring appropriate pick-up essentials.
- Be prepared to leave The Market immediately if your dog becomes agitated or unruly.
Make sure you bring cash. Our farmers prefer accepting cash and most do not use card readers at this time. However, our food & drink vendors and makers will accept debit/credit cards. If you leave your cash at home, there are two ATMs on site. Please look for ATM a-frame signs directing you to their location.
Buy something you haven't tried before! The Market at Pepper Place is a great place to get educated about your Alabama-grown goods. Never tried kohlrabi or beets? A farmer can advise you on how to select and prepare it - Just ask! Our farmers love sharing information with you about their fruits, vegetables, herbs and meats.
Consider bringing your own reusable shopping bags from home. The Market Info Tent offers three styles of reusable shopping bags for sale if you leave yours at home.