TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 1 pint fresh shiitake mushrooms, in bite size pieces
- 8 stems fresh kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion or about 6 spring onions, diced
- 3 green garlic/garlic scapes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, or oil of choice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat skillet to medium heat and melt butter.
- Add diced onion and saute about 1 minute. Turn heat to medium-high; add shiitake and salt and pepper. Saute about 4 minutes until shiitake are soft. Add garlic and stir.
- Add kale and turn off heat, stir until kale is wilted.
- Toast bread and add 1/2 cup cheese each to two slices. Add toppings and the remainig cheese.
- Put in oven at 350*F for about 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Makes two full sandwiches - enjoy!