PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 3 1/2 pounds ripe yellow fresh peaches
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 small fresh jalapeno
- 5 strip lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a large colander, toss peaches and sugar until well mixed. Set over large bowl and let stand for 30 minutes. Reserve accumulated juices for anything you'd like, for example, tea, dessert, or cocktails.
- In large saucepan, bring peaches, jalapeno, lemon peel, and lemon juice, salt to a boil. Adjust heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- With potato masher, lightly mash fruit. Discard lemon peel. Ladle mixture into sterilized canning jars and jar properly or refrigerate for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy all summer long!