PREHEAT OVEN TO 325*F
PREP TIME: 25 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS, 25 MINUTES
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 farm eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chopped toasted fresh pecans
- Preheat oven to 325*F. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugars, beating 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir together baking powder, salt, and 3 3/4 cups flour in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir together pecans and remaining 1/4 cup flour in a small bowl; add to batter, and stir just until combined. Pour batter into a greased (with shortening) and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325*F for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with aluminu, foil after 55 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove cake from pan to wire rack. Cool 20 minutes.
- Spoon citrus glaze over cake. Cool completly, about 1 hour, and enjoy!