Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 Alabama bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 head Alabama green cabbage, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Whisk the sugar and 2 teaspoons salt with the vinegar in a large bowl until dissolved. Add the celery seeds, mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the bell peppers, celery, scallions and cabbage, and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Add the mustard and mayonnaise to the slaw and toss to coat. Regrigerate until ready to serve.