PREHEAT OVEN TO 450*F
TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES
- 1 large fresh rutabaga, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 450*F. Peel the rutabaga with a vegetable peeler and cut into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch cubes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, until the butter foams then browns into a nutty, toasty-smelling liquid.
- Toss the rutabaga with the browned butter and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the rutabaga to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Roast for 25 to 40 minutes or until browned and tender. Remove from the baking sheet and toss with lemon juice and parsley.