PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 10 cups cubed seedless fresh watermelon (from a 5-pound baby watermelon)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Local goat or sheep cheese, optional
- Combine the watermelon and lime juice in a large bowl. Let sit, stirring occasionally, at room temperature for about 15 minutes. (The watermelon will absorb the lime juice as it sits.)
- Add the tomatoes, onion, basil, oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle goat or sheep cheese on top and enjoy for a healthy summer snack!